The UQ Sport Group Fitness Program is your program of choice for ultimate variety and fun! With an assortment of classes each week, and inspiring instructors, there's bound to be something to suit your interests and needs.
View the Group Fitness timetable (Valid from November 2013 to March 2014):
Download the Group Fitness Timetable
Choose from the latest classes that will challenge and inspire you to get the results you desire, including:
- Les Mills BODYPUMP, BODYATTACK, BODYSTEP and BODYCOMBAT
- NEW Body Training Solutions R30 and GROUP RIDE
- And our specially developed programs Dynamo ABT (abs butts and thighs), Intensity, CORE and TONE WITH TODD work out - we'll get you in shape in no time!
Find out more about cardio strength and toning.
Dance your way to a healthy life with Zumba and Dynamo ABT. They are fast, funky and fun! Find out more about dance.
Kick, punch, and box through an intensive cardio work out with Les Mills BODYCOMBAT - a perfect way to release all of your frustrations. Find out more about martial arts.
If you feel like something more refined and calming, why not enjoy:
- UQ Sport & Fitness Centre's Vinyasa Yoga, Gentle Yoga and ABT Pilates
- Les Mills BODYBALANCE
Find out more about holistic health
UQ Sport is home to all of your fitness needs, including personal training and fitness assessments.
There are plenty of benefits which come with personal training, including:
- Toning and re-shaping your body
- Increase energy and motivation
- Improved self-image and a higher self-esteem
- Increased strength, endurance and flexibility
- Increased bone density
- Decreased blood pressure
Find out more about the different personal training program options.
Our personal trainers will:
- Assess your current level of fitness
- Help with nutrition to reach your goals
- Listen to you and your goals
- Develop a personal training program to achieve your goals in a safe environment
- Continue to encourage and motivate you through creative and fun exercise programming
Find out more about our personal trainers.
A perfect place to start is our PT Starter Pack! The PT Starter Pack gives you three sessions, including a health and fitness assessment. With an introductory price of $105 valued at over $170) you will save over $70 and get started to where you want to be.
Want to know how fit you really are? Our fitness assessments give you the opportunity to assess your fitness level by measuring body composition, strength, flexibility and cardiovascular fitness. Our trainers will discuss with you what level of fitness is appropriate for a person of your age, height and weight and advise you on what you need to do to reach your fitness goals. Appointments are one hour in duration and must be made 24 hours in advance.
For all information on pricing and options please visit the pricing page.
Frequently asked questions
All your questions answered including what is involved in a session, what to bring and how to get started. Read the frequently asked questions.
Fill out this form and our Personal Training Coordinator will contact you to discuss your specific training needs.
Alternatively, contact the UQ Sport Fitness Centre to speak with the Personal Training Coordinator.
One campus – countless offerings: UQ Sport prides itself on offering recreational options for everyone. Choose from:
How much does it cost?
As UQ Staff you receive UQ community rates. Our Gold membership is designed to give you the ultimate lifestyle combo with access to a variety of offerings. However, flexibility is our number one customer commitment – you can choose between multi-entry passes, short term membership and short five week courses (think holistic health, martial arts and dance). Check our venue and program pages.
Personal training, dietary advice, musculoskeletal massage and Studio Pilates can be purchased on a per session basis or in packages.
Cancellation/suspension of direct debit pass
Cancelling your direct debit payments
Please complete the online form to cancel your direct debit membership.
Suspending your direct debit payments*#
Please complete the online form to suspend your direct debit membership.
* Please note - passes can be suspended for up to 16 weeks
# Direct Debit payments occur fortnightly on Tuesdays
Change of account details^
If you need to change your account details please come and visit the UQ Sport reception to talk to a staff member in person.
^ Please note - details cannot be changed over the phone
Under 16 policy
All those under the age of 16 wishing to gain access to the UQ Sport and Fitness Centre Gym, Cardio Room, Group Fitness Class (including RPM) must be supervised by an adult at all times. This will be via the parent/guardian or Exercise Physiologist. All minors participating in Group Fitness Classes must still be supervised by a parent/guardian.
Prior consent must be gained from either the Sport & Fitness Centre Manager, Assistant Manager, Inter-Professional Clinics Manager or Reception Centre Manager. This information is to then be conveyed to the Group Fitness Instructor or Exercise Physiologist undertaking the class/session.
UQ Sport may also grant access to certain programs, classes and activities to minors without adult supervision. This is entirely at the discretion of the Sport & Fitness Centre Manager, Assistant Manager, Inter-Professional Clinics Manager or Reception Centre Manager and may be withdrawn at anytime
When minors are included in any activity in the UQ Sport and Fitness Centre Gym, Cardio Room, Group Fitness Class (including RPM), UQ Sport reserves the right to charge additional fees due to increased supervision requirements for minors.
Conditions of entry
UQ Sport Fitness Centre
- Customers must observe Centre rules and etiquette at all times.
- All memberships and passes must be presented upon request of staff.
- Members entering gym or cardio area may proceed directly to turnstiles. All other services require the member’s card to be scanned at reception, i.e. group fitness. If turnstiles are out of order or your card does not allow you access, all customers are to report to reception prior to entry.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person at any time or to remove persons guilty of disruptive or disorderly conduct – including, but not limited to; verbally or physically threatening staff or other persons, swearing aloud, and gaining
- unauthorised and/or wrongful access.
- Management is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to personal property.
- The Centre is a non-smoking venue.
- Membership cards are not transferable between people and must only be used by the person whom the card is issued to. Failure to abide by this condition may lead to management withholding/terminating membership without refund.
- No pets or animals are permitted in the Centre, with the exception of Guide Dogs.
- Only UQ Sport & Fitness Centre staff or authorised personnel are permitted to conduct personal training and other coaching/instructed activities within the Centre.
- Customers must vacate the Centre by the closing time.
- Instructions from staff must be adhered to at all times.
- Each person expressly acknowledges that the decision to enter the Centre premises and surrounds, participate in a program, utilise equipment and/or take advantage of the services offered therein is at his or her own risk.
- Each person releases and discharges UQ Sport, its management, staff and contractors from all liability for loss, damage or injury which may be sustained by each such person in such manner or under such circumstances, as previously set out in this clause.
Weights and Cardio Room etiquette and rules
- In the interest of public health, visitors must always use a towel on the equipment and wear a shirt in all gym areas. A "no towel, no workout" policy applies in the gym area.
- In the interest of safety, each person must warm up before using free weights and weight machines.
- In consideration of others, all weights and bars must be returned to storage racks after use.
- In the interest of safety fully enclosed footwear must be worn in all gym areas at all times.
- Each visitor is asked to be considerate towards other gym users including allowing others the use of equipment between sets.
- Children under 14 are not permitted entry. Children between the age 14 and 16 years must be supervised by an adult and have approval for entry by the Centre management.
Group Fitness Class etiquette and rules
- Entry to Group Fitness classes is only granted upon presentation of a valid class pass.
- In the interest of personal safety all participants must arrive before the class start time to allow for set up. Late entry to group fitness classes is not permitted.
- Early departure must be avoided in order to limit the distraction to others and reduce the risk of injury from not cooling down.
- The Martial Arts Gym, Cycle Studio and MPA rooms may only be used by participants in scheduled class times or under staff supervision.
- Management reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and take action to enforce these terms and conditions including but not limited to cancelling membership or passes without refund.
To enquire further please contact the UQ Sport Fitness Centre.